Monday, January 26, 2009

Mmmm Chocolate!


This is the subject of my next series of paintings! Some of you may recall that last February I created three sequential paintings of a decadent chocolate tart. (If you arrived at this blog through my website, you may have viewed them on the "artwork" page.) This year I'm making my valentine "triptych" an entire cake. I'm using a vivid blue upholstery as the background. I love the fabric and I love the cake, so they've got a lot going for them. The first painting was begun today - and its looking deelish. Wafts of chocolate can be a stimulating source for brush strokes! If you come to First Friday (Feb. 6) - hint, hint - you'll see all three finished in their gooey glory.

3 comments:

Kelley Smith Style said...

yum!

kyle said...

Kelley - thanks for reading - its nice to know someone is checking my blog...

Brian said...

A worthwhile endeavor.

Brian and Dana (who are very pro-chocolate)