Monday, January 12, 2009

Famster Skins

You know this facebook/blogging/etsy/website stuff seems to be an exercise in self-absorbtion. As a business woman I know I've got to "market" myself, but somehow it just doesn't feel comfortable. The word MUST get out that I'm painting and making famsters and making other things, etc. But doesn't it all seem futile at times? Okay - maybe I'm thinking too much.

For the past few days I've been steadily working on my new "valetine" famsters. Here's a pic of the skins ready to fattened up with polyfil.

This weekend I took a basket full of famsters to Asheville for their debut. They're now just waiting to be taken home from the Organic Sleep Spot store. Another experiment in the famster saga! I'm going to check on them this Friday - keep your fingers crossed that they're all adopted.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Love the Famster skins, can't wait to see them full of life! Call me after Asheville.

Don Hudson said...

Kyle,

A simple google search, "how to sell stuffed animals" (I know they're more than stuffed animals but the term was the first I used) brought up Amazon.com of course. And it makes sense. Amazon and Ebay are the two largest retail sites on the web. Perhaps start your own Amazon store. There is a 30 day free trial. Of course, the trick will be to drive traffic to your sight using the right tag words and website links.