Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I Saw the Sign


These spray painted red tennis shoes have been hanging on this power line since I moved into the Flatiron Studios last July. Who knows how long they were dangling before that. In my naive world, I didn't know the meaning of such a sight until a few years ago. Two drug deals have been spotted under their watch. We've just installed a tiny camera in the left "sneaker" - soon we'll catch every drug dealer in West Greenville. (Ha, ha - just wishful thinking).

Our little part of town is slowly changing for the better! Frank and Faye are busy getting their little sandwich shop remodeled and I've just heard that the old Tucker's Soda Shop is being transformed into an organic coffee shop. Wow - I can't wait until THAT happens. Zolie and I will faithfully make a morning trek! I hope they allow organic dogs inside!!

1 comment:

Peter of Carolina said...

I see alot of those here in HI didn't know that until recently either.
Peter