Sunday, January 4, 2009

Blog, blog, blog


Here's an extra-special guest to my studio this past weekend - Deb Potter of Merciful Hearts Farm. Deb listens to my woes, spins fiber (from her own sheep and goats) and makes delectable ham and bean soup - now that's what I call multitasking!

I'm extremely skeptical about blogging and have been told that it will help people connect to my work and then maybe they'll buy my work and then maybe I'll be able to pay my rent. So - since things are quite dire at the moment - I'm forced to blog. Maybe I'll end up liking it in the end.


Another fabulous friend, Frank, is enjoying multiple conversations with his little famster buddies. I can't believe he monopolized them all evening and no one else got a chance to get to know them!

The business of making art is NOT going well. Please forgive my blunt honesty, but I've never been very good a covering my feelings. This weekend was "First Friday" and I sold a less than $100 worth of art. Neither of my two weekend patrons were from Greenville. (Stepping on my soap box...) Okay folks, if you want Greenville to be one of the country's top 100 small art towns - you're going to have to support local artists. (Stepping off my soap box...)

Monday brings another attempt to sell paintings, famsters, or something else. This is a tough nut to crack!

2 comments:

Kelley Smith Style said...

i love your honesty! and i'm so sorry that it's slow....i hope you can see the blessings in it though such as--you get to do what you love and don't really have to answer to anyone else!
kelley smith

kyle said...

So true, Kelley! Thanks for your encouragement. Things already seem to be looking up. I was just on a blue note. Hope all is well with you!