Saturday, August 2, 2008

First Friday and Saturday A Success

Here's a shot of studio entry way, with six of my happy little famsters, waiting to greet the public. (There are only three left - what a hit - time to make some more!)

I arrived at my studio at 5, hoping to do a little final clean up and get one light hung before my opening at 6:00. Porto was still painting my back door and my utility sink was in pieces in the back hallway with trash and rubble strewn everywhere. Porto said they'd be done and gone by 6. At 6:15 my guests were greeted by the banging of Porto's hammer as he tried to make the door knob fit the hole. At 6:30, Porto handed me the door key and left with well wishes that the evening was profitable. Whew - it turned out great.

Aside from not having air conditioning and lights, the evening was a success. I had a great crowd of friends and family and new faces. I'm so glad its light outside until 8:15 or so. If it were December - I'd have been in big trouble. I rigged as many lights as I could, but it still wasn't quite enough at nine. Next month should be faboo with cool air and bright lights!

Thanks to all who came!

1 comment:

Lápiz said...

"Its kind of fun writing this blog - when I know that absolutely no one is looking at it"


Are you sure???

I'm watching you! :)

Congrats for your new studio, it sure looks great. I envy you, I really do.

Ah... and I also liked the paint you posted, so vivid and colorful, Post More!!