Monday, August 11, 2008

Five in Five


My grand opening is quickly approaching, and my painting inventory is low... So yesterday I set a goal of finishing five paintings in five days. Today's painting was already started last week, so this wasn't too hard to accomplish.

I also worked on another seascape today that I started years ago when I was teaching Art at Alleghany High. It was actually a commissioned painting that was never finished because I moved to Charlottesville. I finally found the photo last week and am now able to complete it. Hopefully that will be my finished piece tomorrow.

I'm unsure about today's painting - it really doesn't work for me at the moment, but I know sometimes it takes awhile for a piece to grow on me. Hope it happens with this one!

3 comments:

Jodi said...

I LOVE it!!! I left my cell in Clinton and am now in Myrtle Beach so I can't call and tell you, but I still LOVE it!!!

kristiteaches said...

I like the bright colors-- and I did read the whole blog--- all the way down to the bottom... I can't wait until Friday!!! Praying for you this week as you get everything just right-- love You! You're my favorite Sis! :-)

Peter of Carolina said...

I'd love to be there but I'm "stuck in Hawaii" haha Hope the Grand Opening goes well.