Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Stranger Than Fiction!


Here's a story I couldn't make up...

Last Friday I decided to grab a late-afternoon, healthy snack from the burger joint (Phase II) behind my studio. I leaned in to the walk-up window and asked Chris to work me up some crispy french fries - yum. After exchanging our usual banter (he always thinks I should get more than just fries - "how 'bout some banana puddin'"), I noticed two guys coming out of Red's Pawn shop next door. One of the guys looked a little strange (actually I was so focused on his weird smile that I couldn't tell you what the other guy looked like). I clearly thought that the Weird Smile Guy may not have all his marbles.

Weird Smile Guy shuffled up to the window of Phase II and asked Chris for change for a $20. He then looked at me and asked if I was trying to pick someone up, or if they were trying to pick me up. I quickly set him straight by telling him I was "just waiting for my fries." Chris declined giving change.

I was wearing my gray puffy vest and had both hands stuffed in its pockets. Before I knew it, Weird Smile Guy came at me and spryly poked me in the stomach with his pointer finger. He then just smiled all the weirder and walked off down the street. In all my years of single life, this was my first pick up ACTION. It didn't work - don't try it! I wonder if he thought I'd react like the Pillsbury Dough Boy. Weird.

This is precisely why I stick to my predictable, quite boy - Zolie...

3 comments:

Snail Mail Art said...

What a sexy pick up attempt! I wonder what he had in mind for you...scary! Hope all is well, and hope to see ya soon...Leslie Hart (the green wardrobe)

kyle said...

Hey Leslie, SO good to hear from you. Where are you? At the same job? I missed you this past fall at Earlesdale!!

Kelley Smith Style said...

i am laughing out loud! he's lucky you didn't smack that weird smile right off his face!