Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A New Look!

I'm getting ready for Open Studios 2012 and am feeling like blogging again.  Life is full of cycles, cycles upon cycles.  Simply put - a steady job is slowly chasing away worry, negative thoughts, and paranoia.

A year ago, I was oil painting on fabric - my tried and true "schtick." But now its on to SOMETHING NEW!  I'm using colored pencils on wood panels and then sealing them with an clear acrylic.  Its basically the same pattern over and over again in different configurations and colors.  When I started these new pieces, my creative juice was spent.  These doodles are my attempt at art making - when my art maker doesn't want to make art.  They're comforting and that's why I'm doing them.  Maybe I should call them my circular, spinning recovery spirals.  Recovery from poverty, desperation and hopelessness.


1 comment:

Kristi said...

Good to see you back at the blog... I love you art and your writing and espcially I love you Sisssy!