Monday, July 28, 2008

Waiting, waiting, waiting!


Tomorrow will mark two weeks since I was temporarily booted from my studio. The renovators have been working dilligently, but it seems like forever since I've been in my nice safe space. Zoli, my shy english pointer, has done very well under the circumstances. He's getting much more comfortable around men, but the younger and taller ones are still a huge challenge for him.

The workmen sealed the concrete floor this evening before they left and I'm hoping it will be dry and ready for furniture tomorrow. The ceiling still needs to be finished off with black paint and track lighting needs to be installed. I doubt I'll get my heating and air this month, but maybe in the next few - before winter comes. The hepatitus B bathroom is still in the same state. I think that will be in the next month or so also. The hole in the back left corner is fixed, but I think they're waiting for it to rain again to make sure the leak is totally gone. My back door is still unusable, but maybe the new door will be attached tomorrow - one is always full of hope.

Here's is a new painting I finished a few weeks ago - pre-booting. It's bright and happy - a favorite so far.

No comments: